4 Ways to Incorporate Fantasy Elements into Your Modern Style
I’m a huge fan of incorporating subtle geek elements into my everyday look. But when it comes to fantasy aesthetic, I don’t exactly want to wear a full suit of armor while grocery shopping. So here are some easy tips to give your modern style that fantasy twist and take your look from day to knight.
Look at fantasy costumes and garments and see if there’s a modern equivalent. For example, if we look at a hooded cape, here are alternatives for a more modern cape look:
- Cowl neck instead of hood
- Side closure instead of front
- Shorter Length
- Sleeve styles like Bishop, Balloon, Marie/Puff, or Slit
- Tunic tops with buttons or lace
- Linen tops
- Empire waist
Textures & Prints:
- Metallic knits that resemble chain mail
- Quilted or Matelasse Knits
- Prints like: Filigree, Fleur de Lis, Damask
- If it looks at home on a medieval tapestry, you’re on the right track!
Tip: Use your favorite show or movie for inspiration!
- Instead of Elf ears, try an ear cuff
- Instead of weapons, try a sword necklace or arrow earrings
- Instead of a bag of holding, try a leather hip bag
How far you want to go is up to you. The most important part is that you have fun!
(All images are the property of their respective owners.)
(Disclaimer: Guild Party is not responsible for the quality of merchandise or your satisfaction. We have no affiliation or connection to any of the companies or licenses listed, and are not compensated for our recommendation.)